- Silence by Shusaku Endo (A story of two Jesuit priests who to go Japan during a time of persecution. Beautifully written and powerful).
- A Chance to Die by Elisabeth Elliott (Amy Carmichael) (The story about Amy Carmichael’s ministry in India–amazing woman!).
- Amy Carmichael: Rescuers of Precious Gems (Christian Heroes Then and Now) (The children’s version of her story–I read this one to my kids.)
- Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret (This man’s dedication to the Gospel has blown me away again and again)
- Dispatches from the Front (Tim Kessee travels around the world meeting with Christians serving God in difficult places–there is an awesome DVD series that goes with it.)
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (This book is in my top ten influential books of my life–it is a collection of his radio programs detailing his arguments against naturalism which believes that there is nothing real outside what we can experience with our five senses). Basically any book by C.S. Lewis is amazing.
- Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias (In this book, Zacharias outlines the claims of Jesus in comparison to other religions. Excellent book!)
- Total Truth, Saving Leonardo and Finding Truth by by Nancy Pearcey (These books have helped in my understanding of the world.)
- Operation World (This book breaks down all the countries of the world and how to specifically pray for them. If you don’t want to purchase the book, feel free to check out their website for the same information: www.operationworld.org)
- Life of the Beloved By Henri Nouwen (Written as a “letter” to his friend, Nouwen beautifully describes what is means to be God’s beloved. I could quote from him all day.)
- Made For More by Hannah Anderson (A helpful reflection on what it means to be made in the image of God and what this means for our lives.)